Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School

So school has started, yet again.
I am beginning my 5th year here, im a Super Senior!
I am really excited about this year, going into it with a new found dedication to my major, classes, and career choices. Trying to keep my anxiety level about exit exams at a low level, because i think its a mind over matter type of deal with those exams, positive thinking yields positive results!
I moved into my apartment, or house *double* rather, and its lovely. My room is probably 3X the size it was last year as well as the rest of the space. ive been spending a bit too much money on decorations....I purchases curtains and rods to put up, which i definitely jerry rigged because i dont have an electric screw driver or any sort of clue how to put up curtains...i tried to hammer in the screws which didnt work and then hammered in the plastic pieces without the screws and my curtains and rod fell off in the middle of the night, probably wacked me in the head midsleep....but i had no idea till the morning of such events until i saw my curtains on the floor and the rod in 2 pieces...i taped it to the wall so well see how it goes tonight....
My dad is coming up to bring me his old desk for my computer...im currently sitting on the floor typing, very japanese like i must say. the internet works, cable works...everything is coming together with ease that i am not used to during moving experiences....its actually been quite painless despite the garbage episode today where they didnt take our garbage because we didnt register it or because our can is too big...we arent sure but one roommate is taking care of that and i have faith in her!
ill still to cable and internet bill, what i know ....haha
classes so far seem good.....gero is really interesting even though i have done it all before in my undergrad....and mental meeting today was actually interesting. A woman with borderline personalities came in and talked with us about her experiences in the mental hospital and her life story. It was really sad and disturbing but she is doing so well now, just graduating frm college and living on her own....i cant imagine! She had dealth with so much, narcassistic parents, sexual abusive brother, alcohal addiction, abuse in the hospitals,....and so much more you just wouldnt believe...it was shocking. I give her so much credit, she is such a strong woman so be able to talk about it and be dealing with it on a daily basis. I have a feeling I will be encountering many people like her in mental health at St. V's during clinicals. I will get the opportunity to work with some addicts and withdrawal patients which I am highly interested in,
for community health, I am at the Fulton Co. Health Dept. which is cool although 45 minutes away! I get to work at the fair at their booth next week doing face painting....who would have ever though nursing could involve face painting....yikes,
I had the opportunity to have dinner with Laura today. We bonded over school, boys, life and of course couldnt help but talk about NICARAGUA NICARAGUA NICARAGUA!
i just cant get the trip off my mind and the hunger to tlak about it, look at pictures, dream abotu it still resides within me. I am so anxious to go back or to even just see someone from the trip to talk about it. We both agreed that we would want to go back but bring all the people we went with back with us! It would be strange to go back without the same group!!! We joked about having a sort of arogance about returning with newbies "oh you dont know what that is?? thats a plantain chip, DUH" haha...of course we would never do that its just funny to think of the new experiences we had that are now accustomed to us if ever returning...however im sure we arent even close to experiencing all that great country has to offer.
Laura is going to meet with one of her deans to see if she can do a PA rotation in NIcaragua for 4 weeks.....how awesome. I desperately wish i could go to longer than just 9 days! im sure someday I will....there or some other place! my life is a such a long journey ahead of me filled with so many adventures I cant even dream up yet!
But it was so nice to see her, and to continue building new relationships with people similar to me!
I have a good feeling about this year!!! (but i do still miss my mommy and being home of course =) ))))

1 comment:

Annel said...

And your mommy misses you as well..Now about hanging those curtains...Tape ....come on where do I even begin....