Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend with Bestest friend

ok, so wedding was amazing and honeymoon too!

Today my Nana called me and put my on speaker phone for family to get the weekly update and I realized I really need to start blogging all of this again because I know they loved to read it.

This past weekend we were married for 2 weeks! Greer (MOH) came down to visit to see kentucky! She is the first friend to come visit me down here! (not including julia who only lives an hour away so thats not a large feat for her to visit)

Friday night, Greer got in around 630pm. The Alexanders, Greer, and Joey (marks best man) ate at the hibachi grill, Mason loves to go there because they play with him and throw food at everyone, and of course he loves the big fire on the grill when they cook in front of you. After dinner we went back to my apartment where we watched a movie (KICKASS) and all went to bed around 4 am! Crazy I know but we were having so much fun hanging out and catching up! Unfortunately Mason woke us up at 8 am and i arose to see that Greer had folded all of laundry and separated it into piles on my kitchen table. You see, Mark and I have not yet purchased a dresser for ourselves so our kitchen table is our dresser.

Apparently Greer couldnt sleep so she just did some household chores for me....Mark said she was making me look bad as a wife :)

we had breakfast and Greer and I worked on a puzzle that I had lying around but hadnt gotten to, it was very very difficult and often caused both greer and I to become frusterated but we managed to complete the puzzle!




Mark thinks it is a picture in italy, i think cape cod/new england...i thinking we will never know.

We went to the city pool for about 2 hours and layed in the sun and talked about life, why Greer cant sleep, and relationships. We had so much to discuss, even though I had just seen her at the wedding it was so hard to get good quality time in with each person with everything going on. so it was nice to relax and just catch up.

After the pool (which mason loved and made some new friends in the baby pool) we went back home, took a nap, and then headed to the Expo!

the Expo is a big event for Frankfort, ky every june. Its almost like the official beginning of summer here. I had not been until this year! Basically its a fair in the middle of downtown frankfort. We had been hyping mason up all week for this telling him he was going to eat an elephant ear. At first he didnt want to, because he thought it would be are a real elephant...im not even sure hes officialy accepted that its not a real elephant but he thought it was really yummy nethertheless! greer and I have a history of consuming large amounts of fair food and funnel cakes at cedar point so we definitely had a good time here. I enjoyed showing her some of kentucky finest! (sarcasm intended)
Mason had a great time, he actually went on some of the rides. to start he went on the merry go round and i rode with him. he went on a horse that went up and down and when it started he had the biggest smile on his face, he thought it was too cool! It was a big improvement over our attempt a year ago at rides in which he just cried the entire time, but now he is a big boy. after the merry go round he wanted to go on the dinosaur roller coaster, it looked a little rough and he was tall enough to ride alone so we werent allowed to go with him. he braved it though, didnt cry at all but he wasnt smilling he just sat there with a serious look on his face the entire time. I was so nervous for him, i was scared he would stand up and fall out of the thing !!! Mark wasnt so nervous although a few days prior he told me he wouldnt let mason ride anything that was screwed together with only two screws and behold how the dad changes his mind in the face of a begging son!
the boy that was riding next to mason was screaming his head of...but mason didnt cry...
and our last ride was the ferris wheel, all three of us were in one cart together and it was nice ....we finally had a breeze on that ride after our 98 degree weathered day!


you cant see mason in this picture but he is between us!! he liked being up high on this ride too!

we won some prizes (a dog, toy gun, and large blowup alien) and watched fireworks to finish off the night while digesting the bad food , mason loved his elephant ear!

came home, put mason to bed at 11 (LATE!) and watched paranormal activity (SCARRY!) then all went to bed, but still very late! so today was definitely a lazy sunday but with the sad goodbye of Greer.

I miss her already but she is safe back in cleveland as i write this! Forunately I will be seeing her again in only 3 weeks for cedar point! may the funnel cake consuming fun continue!!!

needless to say it was an amazing weekend with my best friend, husband, stepson, and friends! I wish every weekend was as magical!

now tomorrow i go back to the hospital for night shift for 3 in a row since school is out...yuck. i have a feeling ill be missing the school year real quick althogh i know my kids arent missing it...i ran into a few of them at the expo and one actually told me i wasnt allowed to talk to him because school was out!!! (this is the same kid that left miss you notes all over my desks with his friends when i was gone getting married and going on my honeymoon) hehe
today we just stayed mellow and hung out

No comments: