Thursday, January 29, 2009

mono plagues my life.

i could very well leave the entry at that and it would accurately sum up everything in that short sweet sentence.
but i guess i wont .
ive been feeling better, fine even...going out about my business, attending my first clinical last thursday where i had the pleasure of whiping old lady ass for the nurse i was supposed to be shadowing. i mean, they told us not to do anything jsut watch but somehow i get stuck whiping butt, and draining catheters filled with bloody urine....love my life.
and then i went to Mark's for the weekend, had a fabulous time, ignored my swollen lymph nodes. sobbed on the phone to Julia on the phone as i drove back to toledo about how much i hate being in school away from her and mark and just want to graduate already and get our apartment...we agreed that the more we look forward to it the more upset we get because we arent there. Julia found an apartment shaped like a castle near her boyfriends new home that he bought...he told her that she shouldnt judge her apartments based off of how hilarious it would be when we invite people over.....thats just typical me and julia though...i would live in a dump on the inside if the outside was shapped like something sweet....got to get those kicks in.
anyways, i skipped school monday because i was plagued again, and then i came home wednesday to see a REAL doctor (not a 'rent-a-doc' as we lovingly call the physicians at the health center)...she was appaled at the largeness of my lymph nodes, mom even compared them to the size of a clementine orange...i kid you not they are really that huge....i laughed because people have probably been thinking i was exaggerating and they kept refusing to medicate me...but i will seriously sue the health center if anything more damaging happens because no one should have golf ball sized lymph nodes. anyways, i fought over the phone with mom at the doc office ( its just not right for a 22/23 year old to put her mother on speaker phone while seeing a doctor...sorry, mom....a man waiting in the office overheard this fight, starting laughing and told me not to worry, he was 38 and his dad still did that....uhhh great.) and then my lovely doctor whom i have been seeing for years and years says to me "WOW, those are HUGE" and prescribed me the steroid i have been declaring i needed since that beautiful day my blood was taken and came back to me positive for mono. and now i am 2 days into steroidal bliss, still not feeling any releif in terms of pain....all my lymph nodes are still swollen, but the one particuluar clemenitine orange is now more the shape of a cherry tomato...so i have high hopes for each day to come.
if this does not work i have to get blood work done and then see an ENT
needless to say, mom made me skip clinical yesterday. which was good because I was in a lot of pain and up a lot at night because i could barely swollow. my clinical instructor was cool about it and wrote me an email telling me to call her because shell work out some sort of schedule for me to make up the clinical before spring break, and shes concerned i have mono so i need to talk to her but i havent gotten a hold of her yet.
im up to date on homework, with the exception of some note taking i missed, and a few readings ill get caught up over the weekend. all in all things are pretty good.
i have a new comforter on my bed that i stole from home, my apartments heat only works from 2pm to 5 pm...and 5 am to 7 am....we dont know really why that is....but oh well...we have space heaters. so i wont freeze tonight ....besides ive been really sweaty dreaming lately anyways.
i told you mono plagues me.

No comments: