Thursday, November 20, 2008

My head has been pounding the past 2 days.
Now that clinical has come to a close, i find myself sleeping more that I should be,
Maybe this is due to the depression of being a part from my best friend in New Hampshire after having visited her. Or maybe its because, when you find that your days are no long jam packed, you realize the sleep you are missing and allow yourself the time to be drawn in to the lazyness and fatigue that has been chasing you all semester. Needless to say, I still feel guilty about the naps and sleep I have been getting. I walk around my apartment aimlessly overlooking ever nook and cranny for something I am missing that I need to be doing, but always end up on the couch, in my jammy's, watching a Reba rerun on Lifetime.
With the semester coming to a close in 3 weeks, I will be heading home to Cleveland for 3 weeks of R & R. a much needed library trip, and shopping, and visiting with family and friends is in the works. Greer is coming home frm California for a while. My friend Sarah in Texas is coming home. Julia is coming back from NH. Everyone is in the state we all come from and love.
I love the holiday season and kind of glad the economy sucks this year and looking forward to not seeing as many presents under trees. I think this will give us all the chance to really focus on the things that matter,
The only trouble plaguing me these days is this new relationship I have embarked on. Well my non-relationship since he is my non-boyfriend as we are exclusively not dating. My father has found out about this new guy in my life and will be acting as though he has no idea when i tell him t hat I am leaving after thanksgiving to visit my non-boyfriend. This is the first serious guy in my life that he has ever heard about and Im sure that poor daddy will not be very happy about it. Non-Boyfriend is very worried about meeting dad, which makes me laugh...Barry coming across threatening??? please!
Needless to say its becoming so serious and it freaks me out just a little. But its the good scared, the good freak out. Im very happy. and he buys ME dinner...not the other way around for once.... haha.

But we'll be taking it one day at a time, that mantra always seems to make life a little easier. Id highly recommend it!

In post grad plans, the vanderbilt application is starting after the 27th and is due by feb. 1st, i found this out after sending in my resume too early! Im so excited. I know that if i dont get it ill be headed to Cincinnati to leave with Julia which I am equally as excited about. Either plan wouldnt start until July (the program OR Julia moving back!) So im planning a Europe trip with a large Loan I will be taking out. ITs hard to plan, picking what I want to do. But here is what I am leaning toward. on Contiki.com they have a 14 day tour of Italy, through all the famous cities...i feel this is best to really get a feel of my heritage and the entire country since all the cities in Italy are like little countries themselves, so unique and different from each other. After that I would like to spend a week in Paris. on my own. Walking aimlessly through the city and travelling by Eurotrail anywhere else i might want to go. While i want to visit more countries in Europe, i really want the opportunity to really enjoy them on my own time, in depth and get to know them for there uniqueness city by city instead of just spending 2 days in each place as the tours often do. So ill plan on doing what i please for a week and if i miss things, ill be back. I am sure. I am not one of those people who doesnt travel..who says they will go somewhere and never does....It is essential to my life to see the world. and i will.
so those are the plans so far...but let me remind myself, and you...one day at a time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish you will enjoy your trip and happy thanksgiving :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I wonder if you be online today. If you do, please take a tour to Mallory's blog. She has written something about you in her latest entry. (Eh.. I am not sure whether you two are keeping in touch or not). She is not very well at the moment and as you know, today is the thanksgiving, so she surely misses America. Besides, in Vietnam, there is no thanksgiving day :( I just hope that she will have some company today and you are the one she expects, I'm sure :)
Thanks a lot :)