Saturday, February 28, 2009

Today is the last day of February.
Which means, I have only 2 more months of school.
I cant believe how fast this semester is going so far. Half over already.
Next week I am starting my preceptorship at St. Charles in the OR. Im kind of looking forward to it, even though I dont beleive the OR is for me But ill give it my best chance.
This past week in clinical was a crazy one. I was extremely busy. I had a patient that I had once before, she was readmitted with terrible hemmroids/rash and pressure sores on her buttocks. So i spent a majority of the day putting cream on her butt and hearing her yell in pain. She had bloody diarrhea and it was all over my gloved hand and she even farted the most nasty smelling fart on my hand, i was gagging. But i had empathy for her, the last time i took care of her she was in much better health. she slept a majority of the day and didnt seem as social as she had in times before. I liked the chance to have a patient twice. In clinical we usually never ever get to do this and i think it makes a difference in yoru approach because you can compare how they are day to day and know truly how they are feeling. My other patient was a lovely older man who was getting a kidney removed. He was so delightful, i really enjoyed him. I had the opportunity to insert a catheter into his roommate which was great. Im finally getting all these skills into practice.

My birthday is in one week, i cant believe im going to be 23!!!! Im excited to spend it with my family and boyfriend. And over spring break which is going to be lovely to rest and see people i love. I am so ready for it! And my interview! which im suprising not nervous about at all, thats probably a good thing.

other than that im just studying and getting ready for the HESI which i am sooooo worried about. I just really want to pass it the first time and not have to stress about it. I just wish there was a secret i could be let in on regarding it. but its so hush hush. They just say "practice Nclex questions" which im doing but not at a passing rate.....scarry.

Still debating the Europe trip...it sound like itll be about 3500 to get over there for the trip and flight and then i guess id need spending money. Its something i really really want but really really cant afford i just dont know when the opportunity to spend 20 days abroad would present itself again. UGHHH. what to do.

1 comment:

Annel said...

I have a third of it for you or at least the spending money. The time to do this again will come never