Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am not a resident of kentucky...
such a weird realization, i can say it to myself over and over, and every morning wake up and think, this is where ill be waking up for most of the rest of my life, and still it doesnt feel real. i still think in a few days ill be going home to cleveland. but thats not so.
this past saturday i had a going away party of sorts with my family. it felt more like my funeral. everyone celebrating and eating good, and saying goodbye. I was fine until i had to say goodbye to nana, which broke my heart. but im not dying and its not really goodbye, its more like see you later. mom and i made a cassada cake that was a hilarious event trying to transport this huge cake a few miles, as it started to crack in half and i sat in the backseat holding it together and praying it didnt slide anymore that necessary. but in the end it did split in the fridge but man was it a good cake. That night mom and i layed in her bed and looked at her pyramid collectin magazine, talking about things we liked, and just bonded, we both cried realizing we wont be able to lay together and talk and laugh and bond for a while. but it was nice to have that night with her one last time. then in the morning on sunday i packed my car up and hit the road.
when i got to kentucky mark made sure to keep my evening packed so i ddint have time to think or be sad, mason was here so that made me happy, how can you be sad around something so precious as mason? we went and fed to ducks at the lake, something i used to do as a child. we laughed as mason fed himself as well as the ducks, mason has started to nodd yes or no and it seems he has an opinion about every question you ask him. mostly its yes which i know wont last long because once he gets into those terrible twos everything will be no. but we had fun, we cuddled up later at night before he went to sleep, hes just so precious it could make you cry.
on monday i had to go into the hospital and get some more paperwork done, mostly just going through the book of policies in the hospital and answering questions on that, then i got my badge made, met with my nurse educator and got some homework which of course doesnt end in school, but continues. later that evening i got a call from the hospital saying there was a problem with my licensure. it seems the kentucky board of nursing cannot give me a provisional licensure (which in kentucky is a temp licensure while you complete your 120 hours of on the job training which is mandatory here) until i pass boards, which means the hospital cant really work me as a registered nurse applicant (what your called while you have a provisional) until i have that. so its going to be alittle more time until i cant start my job but that are going to let me go to orientation next week monday through thrusday and then i take boards that saturday so hopefully itll only be another week while things get processed until i can start my real job. until then they siad they could possibily get me in as a tech so that would be fine with me. it would be just a short temp thing. so even though there are these extra hoops and jumps its going to work out. they said that no matter what my job is completely safe and they believe i will be stellar. stellar was the word they used, not mine. so that made me feelgood.

i went with mark tohis bank to try and set up an account and i couldnt because i didnt have a relative that had an account at the bank or one that worked for the state. this made me so sad for some reason. i almost started to cry. which is rediculous because there are so many banks in this world. but i think it was just the reminder that i dont have any real family here. but mark reassured me. and i got an account at another bank. he joked we could go to the courthouse and become family if it was that important to me.i laughed that one off. that will not be happening. on tuesday when i was driving around trying to get my fingerprints done i took a turn and just explored and i came across the bank that was recommended to me so i made an account there. i was very pleased with myself that i found it without help!! andi found my way back home too.

anyways, mark and i took a drive to the apartment, ate a mexican restraunt right next to it, and im so excited about it. its in a great location and right next to our building is a hotel so my family can stay there and be so close! its going ot be great! i just have no idea how were going to get all our things there, but ive moved many times and i know it is possible.

the rest of the week has been kind of boring, i just sleep and study while mark is at work and then he ocmes home and we hang out or he goes and plays cards with his friends. which makes me sad sometimes because i do wish i had friends i could run off with. but tonight i have my first meeting with the chi o advisors adn UK so hopefully i will be meeting some friends there !! im really excited about it and happy that i can get involved with something here and have a life. its such a blessing. this weekend on saturday im going to the UK game with mark's mom , she says i deserve a break. although i dont feel like i do. ive been studying but i feel like its just so easy now, maybe its because im using the same cd's i used obessively fro the HESI so its not new to me, i dont feel too challenged so i dont know. ihope im not kidding myself. i have a lot riding on this nclex. my friend em took it today so im going to get some tips frm her on how she studied and what it was life.

well im off to run some local errands! will keep updating!

No comments: