Friday, August 14, 2009

Interview 1 : At the nursing home I was interviewed by the new DON ...well new since i was there, not the same one that was hired on at the end of my summer job. Almost everyone that i had worked with that i liked had been "let go" or fired. It was odd. the DON told me she jsut got her BSN a year ago, which was odd. I jsut dont think it was the place for me, she told me they didnt have a position available at the moment but she saw one being available in a month and to call when i pass boards. so there is a job there for me, but do i really want to work somewhere where people are constantly being let go? Betty seemed really excited about it. as did shirley...Shirley has been very sick lately, she cried when she saw me, she is thin as a rail and hasnt been eating. It makes me so sad to see her. i hope she is okay! i just think she is the sweetest thing in the world. i think she was happy to see me! i need to get back and see her again because something tells me time is limited.

interview 2: I had an interview in KY at a hospital that Mark's sister works at. My interview went well. I met with the HR recruiter and he was so much fun. It really felt like i was meeting with friends, totally down to earth, i didnt feel like it was an uptight scary thing. I was totally at ease. However, the hospital / state was in the middle of a disaster drill so Brandon, the recruiter couldnt interview me fully. So he had his partner in HR finish the interview. I luckily was still able to meet with the Nurse manager of the Labor/ Delivery floor and she was really nice. Everyone seemed really impressed withmy resume which ihad been doubting lately was good enough or too long. But they all said it was impressive so that eased my doubts. She said seh really liked me and wanted to hire me on but they only had 2 openings in the night shift which was already really young. She said shed be meeting with her managers and try and see if theyd let her. Well that interview ended up lasting 2 hours much to the dismay of my bf who was waiting the car at my pleading. I didnt know it would be so long but he got a nap in. Lucky, We had both been up all night with his son who was teething and in pain. So Im lucky this interview went well when my brain wasnt functioning so well.
I heard back frm brandon and they werent allowed to hire me on to the Labor and delivery floor, but brandon is sending my resume to other floors...they seemed really impressed with me and i really loved this hospital, I really felt like id fit in there!

I had a call from a hospital in cincinnati out of no where which was awesome! Its for a brand new hospital that just opened up last may! its a med surg job which isnt what i really want to do but thats okay because itll give me experience and then i can switch into whatever i would like. I pulled some answers out of my butt because iwas totally caught off guard with the phone interview. The nurse recruiter is out of town until next wed. so they are going to call me back next week to schedule an interview!

Finally all these doors are opening up to me! and im getting my new car later today! its about time! I just hope i land a job in the best possible place that i need to be. Im still trying to get into a cleveland interview as well, i contacted the secretary at my cousins office and she is going to call me back, hopefully she will know of something. I keep trying to get into cleveland clinic or something around here but its been difficult. it hink the cleveland market is still tight so we shall see!
i wholeheartedly believe God will place me where I need to be! just looking forward to where that might be!

As far as my authorization to test, im waiting for that. i just got my name up on the site as registered to test so any day now i should get my att in the email or mail! Im so ready to get that behind me and sign my name Molly Imler rn, Bsn!!!

well this weekend is the feast and the berea fair, so im looking forward to attending both. Ive been sick all week! its been terrible, i just started some antibiotics and they are killing my stomach causing intense nausea which isnt fun at all. But im starting to feel better regardless of this little irritant!

Mark started his full time job this week, hes really turning into an adult and im sooo proud of him! he may be getting a new(used)car on monday and hes really excited about it. Ive been spending a lot of time down there, hopping around. I went with his mother to the 127 yard sale which runs from alabama to ohio..it was pretty amazing, definitely some buys! I missed my great grandma Mom Imler...so many of the things were things that she had or would of had! like the old fashioned egg beater with the handle that you turn...but it was fun! Mark and i helped his neighbor set up there sale since their neighborhood is right off of 127. he ended up getting many good steals! he still wants me to move in with him which id consider if i move down there but i dont know exactly if thats what i want jsut yet. i mean i love him and when imn there i practically am living with him, but i still think id like to know what its like to live on my own...and i always thought id want to get married first before ilive with a guy but i really love mark ...so well see! i dont really need to worry about this until i have a job which is what i keep telling him. one day at a time!

No comments: